Unsealed crawl spaces can affect your entire home.
Many homes have crawl spaces that unfortunately are ignored by builders and homeowners alike. They represent the out-of-site, out-of-mind, unlivable area that is not even considered a part of your home or living environment. As we research more about health in the home, we have discovered that this is not the case. You share your living environment with your crawl space.
As heat rises throughout your home, cool air from your crawl space is sucked up into your home, similar to a chimney. Based on a typical home in the United States, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) estimates that the air in your home is replaced almost every hour and about 50% of that “new air” comes from your crawl space. The quality of air in your home is greatly affected by the condition of your crawl space. It might be out-of-sight and out-of-mind, but it is a great part of your living environment and quality of air that you and your children breathe.
Characteristics of a typical crawl space
- Radon gas and poor air quality
- Bugs, spiders, rodents and termites
- Increased heating costs through loss of heat
- Structural damage through dry rot, mold and moisture
Tidycrawl™ provides a variety of benefits for your home and family. The Basement Guys® use a thoroughly time-tested approach to seal your crawl space and resolve all the health, foundation and air-quality issues inherent in crawl spaces. The end result is a crawl space that is not only clean and healthy, but can even be used for storage!
- Improves indoor air quality throughout the entire home
- Eliminates the main source for entry of radon gas into the home
- Insulates crawl space & reduces energy consumption
- Stops mold, mildew & moisture for a usable storage space
- Increases resale value of home
- Professional, one-day installation