Your Local Basement Finishing & Remodeling Contractor
Since your basement is underground, it is an entirely different environment from the rest of your home. Mold and mildew are found often lurking in a basement and special care is needed. Before you cover up any problems with a basic finishing system, we recommend having your basement inspected by one of our trained basement professionals.
The Basement Guys® want to turn your basement into a finished, healthy part of your home. We’ll provide a comprehensive assessment of the current space and provide professional plans for your basement finishing project. Contact us for a free estimate today!
Our Patented Basement Finishing System Ensures Outstanding Results
Our patented Basement Finishing System is specifically designed to suit the unique basement environment. This system prevents problems often found in basements and ensures a top-quality conversion. Features include:
- Strongest system on the market holds flat screens and picture frames.
- Seamless appearance can be painted to suit your environment.
- Dense, closed-cell foam insulation reduces energy consumption.
- Mold-, moisture- and mildew-resistance protects your basement.
- Waterborne/organic panel included.
- Fire-resistant, Class A Spread rating.
Why Basements Are Different
Not every remodeling contractor knows how to properly prepare a basement to serve as a regular living space. Reasons you want our specialized skills include:
- Cold & damp: Basements are below grade-level and the soil is 50-55 degrees on the outside, making your basement cooler than the upstairs. Cold air and warm air create relative humidity that can cause mold to grow, even without any water flooding the basement.
- Porous walls: Basement walls are made of concrete, which is porous. This allows moisture to migrate in and out of the basement in vapor form. This can create gallons of water in the air in vapor form that your building materials will absorb.
- Requires special equipment: Common issues in a basement that can create problems are sump pumps, floods drains and hot water tanks leaking.
All of these issues make it important to look at what type of material we perform a basement finishing project with. With proper assessment and planning, we’ll make sure you get the professional results you’re looking for.
Contact Us Today to Schedule a Free In-Home Estimate
Are you ready to turn your basement dreams into reality? Contact The Basement Guys® of Pittsburgh today for a professional assessment of your basement and a free estimate for our basement finishing services. Call us at (412) 230-3137 or fill out the online form to get started!